Sunday, January 23, 2011

Palin-free in February

I began writing this post a few weeks back, and then the Arizona shootings occurred and the context seemed outdated:

Am I making Sarah Palin popular? Gasp--the thought is irksome to the extreme. But I think that I am unwittingly doing just that by adding traffic to any Palin-centered news article. I confess--I find her gaffes (death panel distortions, notes on hand, Vice-Presidential interview disasters, etc, etc.) mesmerizing. I'm fascinated by her. It's like watching a train wreck--I can't pull myself away. I, with my self-righteous disdain for reality television, am riveted by the ultimate in reality T.V. spectacle--the Sarah Palin 24 hour news cycle. And so when I see she's made another one of her gaffes, I can't get enough. I have to read it!

New 2011 resolution: boycott Palin news.

So today in the Washington Post, I saw this editorial:

Amen, brother! I'm going to try it.

1 comment:

Leah said...

BRAVO! What happened to the articulate american politician? She's the mayor of freaking ALASKA! Who cares! Go back your whales and leave us alone.

I join. NO Sarah Palin for a month.